Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Week 32: Easton, PA and New Brunswick, NJ

Split week with a beautiful end in sight: a day off in the city!! Side note: People tend to ask, "What city do you mean?" when I refer to 'the city'. It is, of course, Manhattan. Where else would I mean?? :)

We had a gorgeous apartment rental in Easton, which put us just blocks away from the theatre. The rest of the company was a bus ride away in Bethlehem, so we weren't close enough for many visitors, but it was lovely having so much space...and a kitchen. 

Because we had a refrigerator/stove/blender/counter space the beginning of the week essentially revolved around food. First night in we had fajita taco night, and a little dance party in the kitchen.

I found an excellent egg salad recipe on Epicurious (you can make it too! see here) and cooked it up in Easton. Super delicious, going into my special recipe's box. 

My sweet friend Carly is a pseudo-vegan...she is highly allergic to dairy, and after a cleanse last summer, decided to knock meat out of her diet too. She still has eggs and fish, so there's a little animal product going on, but she's gotten into incredible shape this last year. She is my health nut inspiration these days. I made a 'Carly Vegan' chocolate cake...still contains eggs but not dairys!! Also added an almond milk glaze to really get that sugar in :) 

Carly and Caitlin swung by to see the house one day...and we fed them. Carly: "Wow, if this is what happens when you go out of a walk, I'm doing it more often." It was kind of like what I imagine having neighbors is like...go over, have a snack and chat.

Our amazing rental. Split level, three bedroom. This suite was the ballroom, so the far doors would have originally opened on to the entry way.

Another shot of the place. Big, practically walk in fireplace, chandelier, high-high ceilings, and the little birds nest room upstairs. I could live in a place like this....

Finished Christie's hat!! She gave me complete artistic freedom and I had so much fun making my first slouchy beret type hat. The color looks so pretty with her blonde hair and she always rocks the Boho look. 


Made it to New Jersey after a little bit of drama...not really worth going in to, trying to travel separately from the company doesn't always go well, but I made it all the same. So nice to be back in my second home with my Aunt Cynthia! She's waiting to come to see the show in Philly...

All my possessions in boxes. I got that French horn right before I went on tour...really looking forward to getting back to playing when I'm done. Oh, and having more than a single suitcase of clothes.

So many shoes on tour! Clearly my neutrals are black and gold. 

Got to see my wonderful, talented, fashionable friend Adam on our day off in the city. This is what he wore to work...talk about beating a case of the Mondays!! I love him so much, it's been a long year away from my good friends.

This sweet boy is three times bigger than the last time I saw him!! Baby Sam and his parents Samanthe and Jason are some of my nearest and dearest friends, and this guy is already 15 months old! Where does the time go?


Next up is our FINAL split week on tour! Covering three states, we'll be in Pennsylvania (will we ever leave ?? :) ), Vermont, and Connecticut. Closer and closer to a week off!

No comments:

Post a Comment