Monday, August 27, 2012

Week 36: Boston, MA

I'm a such fan of Boston and was so excited to go through on tour, particularly because we played the Boston Opera House! I saw Wicked there in college and it is an incredible space. I had no idea I'd be singing up on that stage in just a few years!

Another week with family and away from hotel life was a serious blessing. I stayed with my cousin Ben, his wife Sherie, and their three girls, and saw my Great Aunt Peggy and Uncle John. I haven't seen them since their oldest was a baby, 5 years ago!

Aunt Peggy's lovely abode. Love this photo of her house reflected in the yard.

The beautiful Boston Opera House. It's tucked away downtown, you'd never know the gorgeous theatre that exists inside from the busy city street. 

The chandelier and gilt ceiling. So beautiful!!

I obviously couldn't get enough of it...

Sweet Samantha, who lent me her room for a week, drew these sweet pictures for me. 

Met up with my mom's college friend Marana for a little snack after the show at a restaurant on the water. It was a beautiful view (which was difficult to capture) but we had a great time catching up.

Emerson! My good friends Adam and Alex went here, and it was originally my top choice school. Fun to visit again with a very different perspective on it all. Right on the Boston Commons- great school, great location!

Baby Julia getting tickles and kisses from me between shows. She only speaks Spanish (not kidding) and looks just like her cousin Emily as a baby. Crazy to see those familial genes so clearly. But really, she only speaks Spanish...she ignores all orders to sit down until you say "Sientate por favor!"

Oh you know, just laying on the floor knitting. I was on a mission to finish this triangle scarf.

Here it is. Some gorgeous yarn I obtained in Portland and just carried around until I had the right pattern, and had learned how to do a very complicated cast on (that's the start of a knit project). Once it's fully blocked up I'll repost the actual final project.

Carly got some gloves to do Insanity outside, and they brought out a very interesting character in her. We enjoyed gloved CC for about a day...she's a little tough for the theatre folk :)


What a wonderful week in one of my favorite cities!! Next up on our smooth sailing end of tour: a week in Philadelphia, seeing my mom and Sam, and playing Belle for the last time!

1 comment:

  1. Caroline- Boston is one of my favorite places too. :) The Opera House looks absolutely gorgeous!! I am really bummed I wasn't able to oome see your show. :( The downfall of being on a tight budget. Hope you're doing well my dear. Let's catch up soon please.

    ReplyDelete