Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Week 33: PA, VT, CT aka our last split week!!

Our last split week at all! We are blessed with an incredible schedule, and weeks like this are a friendly reminder that I am a weiner when it comes to traveling.

First stop is Williamsport, Pennsylvania for a few days. Little bitty town, but we had a nice time. Weather dipped down a little, I was back in jeans and an oxford, but I suppose that's to be expected for May.

Lots of murals around town. I love the color.

Just going for a walk, getting creative with my photography :)

Been knitting on these socks for a while. Finally down to the toe of the first sock. I love the pattern, it was mostly simple, great for a first attempt. I'm such a perfectionist, I tend to reread and recount every pattern and stitch. Looks like it's paying off!

The theatres we perform in are often gorgeous, but I rarely remember to take pictures. This was in the auditorium, beautiful art deco (?) decoration on the walls. I wish I had been better about documenting all our spaces, they are so diverse.

Emily, Caitlin, Carly, and I went for a bike ride around the town, across a bridge into another part of the city. It was a tad overcast- we all got a little sneaky sun, but had a wonderful mid-afternoon adventure together. 

Lovely ladies of the bike ride, posing on our free bikes. What a great idea hotels: have a fleet of cruisers and a map of potential paths. Love it! Also, check out all those triceps... :)

My only photo taken in Burlington, Vermont. What a cute city with incredible spring weather. I'd definitely like to return here, maybe for and outdoor adventure vacation...

And off to New Haven, Connecticut for the weekend. My college friend Gracie is studying at Yale Divinity School, but was in Uganda while we passed through...sad for me, awesome for her! It's certainly close enough to make the trip some weekend once I'm finished. The weather is just getting better and better, and on top of staying in an Omni hotel (yahoo luxury!) I enjoyed a lot of time wandering around the school and in a nearby park.

Girls night sushi!! I LOVE the ladies of our cast, we have such a great time together. There's a lot of diversity in terms of personality and tastes, but everyone is so beautiful people definitely notice when we come in a drove together. Miya's is an incredibly unique sushi place in New Haven, check it out here.

Sake bombs with Chinese Firecracker sake- aged sake with locally grown chili peppers and citrus. Holy moly delicious heart burn!! Miya's is a MUST see/eat!!

Premium day in the park. Sun was shining, nothing to do before the show...

but catch some rays in the grass. 

Yale University. Gorgeous campus, those Harry Potter-esque buildings...I definitely get the Ivy League appeal. Grad school? ;)


Despite a great deal of moving around, I had a great week. Burlington and New Haven definitely deserve trips of their own to soak up some more adventures, but that will be another time. Next up is Schenectady, New York: our final week before a much needed week of vacation!! 

1 comment:

  1. So since I moved over to tumblr I haven't really been on here very much. Looks like your tour has been going great. It looks like you are having a blast Caroline. :) I'm sure the entry about your performances in Boston must be coming up fairly soon. Sorry I couldn't make it down to see you dear. Budget was tight in June because I was getting settled into my new apartment in Nashua. If you're ever in NH you should def come see it. I am in love and you will love it too. :)

    btw here are the links to my tumblr
    personal http://heyitsj9.tumblr.com
    theatre reviews and commentary http://theatrereviewer826.tumblr.com

    xoxo Janine

    ReplyDelete