Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Week 37: Philadelphia, PA

I've heard great things about Philly and was really looking forward to finally visiting the city. Our director came out for a few days for rehearsal to keep up on our toes, to remind us to never stop working hard- a good lesson and friendly reminder! We love seeing him and it was our last time as "just us" before the new group came in to take our places in Toronto.

The big finale to the week was a scheduled performance day to play Belle! Emily was out of town for a wedding that weekend, so Lauren had Friday/Saturday shows and I had Sundays. It's so nice to have a performance to look forward to, especially when we assumed (correctly) it would probably be our last. 

Gorgeous view of Philly from Caitlin and Carly's apartment rental. 

Nothing like a good girls night in, watching the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and eating vegan treats.

There were a ton of gorgeous churches in Philly. I went on a long walk one day and must have passed at least five on one street alone. Loved this city.

There's another beautiful church...

Famous gelato shop, which I managed to frequent twice in the week we were there! Capogiro might be the end of my waistline if I lived there. 

The dip dye lives on! Just a little mustache action out at Matt's birthday.

On my last day as Belle and I tried to savor every moment. Having both shows was great, and I had a few visitors even come to see me! Had to add to the mustache collection, of course :)

Carly boo and I before the show! She's so beautiful :)

My sweet friend Jimmy- our second LeFou- and me goofing around backstage, recreating our scarf scene. I'll miss this kid so much when I go!

I had yet to play a theatre as Belle with a big stage door attendance, so when the matinee swarm of little girls took half an hour, it was both overwhelming and amazing. I signed so many programs, gave so many hugs and pictures, it was so much fun! I can't imagine doing that every single day. 

My Aunt Cynthia, cousin Emily, and mom after the matinee.

My momma got to see me go on again!! What a blessing, she saw the show in Chicago, Austin, Denver, and Philadelphia, with me as Belle three times! I love her so much and feel so lucky to have such a supportive Mom in this crazy business.

Another special visitor: Sam! He saw the show in Pittsburgh, but surprised me by buying tickets to see me as Belle as well! What a nice guy :) 


Another week down in the blink of an eye! Next up is TWO weeks in Washington, DC, my first time back in our nation's capital in close to 14 years!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment