Sunday, May 13, 2012

Week 25: Denver, CO

I've been looking forward to our week in Denver since I got out itinerary for several reasons: we had a golden day (aka no travel, no show, completely free!) ON my birthday, I've never been to Colorado, Mom was coming to visit, and I'd get to see my sweet friend Andy again!

First day in I had serious altitude sickness...I didn't realize quite how strong it could be. I worked out in the AM and was breathless, had a glass of champagne at lunch (it was my birthday after all) and was tipsy for hours, and found myself tired and hungry very early in the night. The show the next night was certainly interesting as well...lots of catch breaths across all the big numbers. After a few days it got better, but never as easy as the show at sea level. 

Got a hair cut and restored the fringe for my day.

If you haven't tried these yet, go find them NOW!! For Oreo's 100th birthday they did a birthday cake icing that is to die for. 

The lovely ladies at my celebration. Mandy (in the yellow sweater to my right) shares my birthday, so we had a big dinner at Mello Mushroom and drinks out at a famous pool hall, Tarantula. 

The birthday girls blowing out the candles together :)

The girls know I have a certain soft spot for mustaches, so they got me a pack of fuzzy sticker pale pink 'staches. We did a fair amount of modeling them....

My handle bar ended up on my glass for the rest of the night. 

Mom came to visit to see me play Belle on our three show day. I was so wonderful to see her, first time since December and that week was crazy with visitors. Of course we had rehearsals and THREE shows on Saturday, so we did little but take walks and eat between shows, but we did have a date night and watch "My Week with Marilyn" in the hotel. 

At the capitol building- a mile high in the sky! Isn't she beautiful??

My friend Andy came to see the show when I was Belle! We met on an airplane almost two years ago and haven't seen one another since that summer. So good to see him and catch up on life.

Real dream come true: Mom got to see me play Belle!! It had been two months since I'd gone on so I was a little nervous, but the show went well! We were so busy this week this was basically the only reason she came to visit, but it was worth it :)

Next week a brand new state for me: Salt Lake City, Utah!

No comments:

Post a Comment