Monday, April 16, 2012

Week 24: San Jose, CA

San Jose was full of sunshiney days and cool nights. The theatre was a Frank Lloyd Wright design, in the round of sorts...made for a very circular backstage route.

On the trip up from Cerritos we made our lunch stop in a complex that had an In-N-Out Burger!!!! This is just my favorite fast food burger EVER. They don't freeze their meat, french fries are cooked in cholesterol free oil, lettuce and tomatoes are hand peeled and cut each day, and they offer an "animal style" option, complete with cheese, pickle, and grilled onions. Who could ask for more??

As the funny life would have it, I met someone in San Jose who was generous enough to take me to see Totem one day when we didn't have rehearsal. I haven't seen a Cirque show in 10 years and it was so incredible. The performers have skills I've never dreamt of, AND act on top of it!! I want to make a trip to Vegas JUST to see their shows there.

The VIP tent, which I was not privy to, but was definitely photograph worthy.

There was an incredible little bakery/pastry shop just around the corner from our theatre that once I discovered, made the trip several times in the last few days. Killer espresso and this little chocolate mousse and raspberry cup lasted for two desserts. :)

One of our locals makes the drive from San Francisco every day in this fancy vintage car. I'm not even really into cars necessarily, but this guy caught my eye.


And finally, on our last day in San Jose our newest F7, Skye, arrived to replace Jessica! Jess will be moving up from the understudy to the role of Babette as Chandon departs in two weeks. We are eagerly awaiting our new Maurice and LeFou, who will be arriving in our next city: Denver, CO!! Hooray birthday week, a visit from mom and playing Belle again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment