Monday, April 9, 2012

Week 21: Portland, OR

I think Portland is topping the charts so far. One week in the city was not nearly enough!! I had so much fun in fact, I forgot to take pictures for the most part! I enjoyed the downtown shopping scene as a treat to myself on Valentine's day, went to see The Descendants with a free movie pass (lush life, the little freebies along the way :) ), and did a little press out in the burbs, which resulted in some lovely Willamette valley Pinot Noir consumption.

My sweet friend and former scene partner Sean from Adler at Tisch is currently living in the city and we had a chance to sit down for breakfast one day and catch up. He is a wonderful actor and has been blessed to be living at home and consistently working on a play or musical since we graduated! While one must maintain a "survival" job in Portland, there is a great theatre scene there and I'm so happy things have been going so well for him.


The famous and not to be missed Voodoo Donuts was worth every calorie. I'm pictures here with a McMinnville (maple icing and a special cream filling), but also enjoyed a Dirty Bastard (chocolate icing, peanut butter, oreos), and a regular old Kruller. 

I'm back on the knitting train! Yes, I did jump ship when I lost my needle kit back in Madison- I was grieving! But after my friend Jeff bought me a beautiful set of rosewood needles for Valentine's Day, and informed me there was a very cute yarn boutique called Knit Purl in walking distance, I was ruined. I made him a hat in exchange for his sweet gift (you'll see it next episode). Here's the beginnings of a hat with some beautiful yarn I found at Knit Purl. My first work on double point needles....very exciting.

The Portland food scene is epic and while I could've stood to be there for a month to get my fix, my friend Mandy and I managed to get out one rainy night to a fabulous French bistro called Little Bird. Definitely not to be missed. Great wine selection, perfect food menu, although we missed out on the marrow special :( The food trucks are also no to be missed.


And that's it! It's funny, when life is good it's almost harder to document because you are too busy living it. But for consistency sake, and my desire to get through the whole year on this gig, I will continue to write....despite being TWO months behind!

Next stop: Washington state!

No comments:

Post a Comment