Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Week 20: Vancouver, BC, Canada

I LOVED VANCOUVER!! What a cool, fun, walkable, beautiful, food cultured, English speaking city!

The beautiful view on the flight in. I never knew how much I'd love mountains, but I can't get enough of them. 

Lovely Vancouver all lit up at night. Under that little dome is an iceskating rink, right next to a big art museum.

I found a wonderful little French bistro, Medina Cafe, that served a lavender latte! I was in love.

Same place, perfect breakfast. It was a "Tagine": spicy chickpea, onion, pepper, and tomato stew with merguez sausage and two poached eggs. Focaccia bread with hummus and raita (an Indian yogurt sauce) on the side. I loved it so much I came back and got it again! For those of you who know my dining philosophy, I am not typically a repeat offender in the food world. I like trying new things and exploring. So to order the exact same meal, especially in a city where I am only there for a week and should be absorbing as much as possible, this was a BIG deal! It's just that good.

Emily (my adventure buddy for our golden day) and I rented bikes to take in the city. We sweet talked the man by mentioning the show and managed to trade a backstage tour for a week's worth of cycling. 

The gorgeous Coal Harbor. We thought we saw a seal, but it was just a dog :)

We rode around Stanley Park, and there is a section of totem poles there. It's funny, you think you know lots of things, and then you read about Native American cultures and their mythology and origins and realize you know nothing! I am glad the world is still filled with plenty of knowledge for me to acquire. Also on a completely separate note, my biking day was outfitted entirely by Lululemon :).

A view of the rest of the city from English bay. It was truly blessed weather for our day off, because it was grey and rainy the rest of the week. So glad we took advantage of it!!

My wonderful day brought to you by this perfect bicycle, and foreign cuisine, including French, Japanese, and Italian. 

Lululemon's birthplace is Vancouver. While none of us could figure out where the flagship store is, we all peaked in the one on Robson (their big shopping street) just to say we had. The brand might as well sponsor our tour, we are such avid fans of their fitness apparel. Such a great company philosophy too, I don't mind supporting them one bit.

Lauren made her debut as Belle on our three show day here!! Lucky girl, our tour director and choreographer were out for rehearsals, so they saw her go on! Another gathering of the napkins around the understudy, we are trying to make a mini album of these shots.


And hooray for small victories! This our mic tree, where the microphones live when we aren't wearing them. Before Sunday in Vancouver, they sported old cast members names and pictures, often promoting confusion with the local crew and misplaced mics. Now our beautiful color coded pouches sport our correct names and photos.


After a busy and fun filled week in BC we returned to the states for a good while. Plenty of exciting cities I've been looking forward to, including a week in Portland, Oregon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment