Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Week 19: Saskatoon and Winnipeg, Canada

First return to Canada!! Split weeks aren't anyone's favorite; a bit stressful, adds lots of travel time to the equation.  Obviously February is a rather grey month across the board, but particularly in Canada. The streets were covered in grey snow, most locals used the underground systems as opposed to walking around above ground- a concept I did not grasp until our last day there. Basically both cities seemed empty and grey. We did find fabulous a Mexican and Vegan restaurant (separately) in Winnipeg, but mostly I buckled down and got through the week in anticipation of the next.

My sweet friend Brian, pretending to be a brooding little hipster pepper shaker. I think he posed for me for several photos in these glasses...which are his frames from when we saw Beauty and the Beast in 3D in Alaska (which I forgot to mention...private screening, very fun!).

Cool vaudeville theatre next door to ours in Winnipeg. Beauty played the Pantages in LA last year, I suppose it's a common enough name. But I thought this place was cute.

Delicious brownies at the fanciest hotel we have stayed in thus far: The Fairmont, Winnipeg.

Sometimes months and months go by without a single principal calling out, but when it rains it pours. Carly got to go on for the Wardrobe in Winnipeg on Sunday, just 10 days after Mandy! Here are all the napkins around her on her big day! It's been nearly a year since Carly last went on, so it was pretty funny to see her and Mandy back to back.



Again, minimal activity week. Perhaps this is why I didn't blog much? There were several weeks where life was suddenly very normal, routine. Other than being a dancing fork and traveling the country for my job, nothing out of the ordinary seems to be happening. This upcoming week I've been looking forward to since I received my itinerary, and even though it meant staying in Canada, I think everyone was very excited. A week in Vancouver, BC!!!

2 comments:

  1. Caroline, are you in Spokane today? My wife and I live in Seattle. Are you in town for long? -Aaron Peden

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Aaron so sorry I missed you. this was actually closer to the beginning of the year...I've been trying to catch up. I was in Seattle for a whole week in Feb :( wish I'd known

    ReplyDelete