Thursday, April 12, 2012

Week 23: Eugene, OR and Cerritos, CA

Eugene, Oregon is a little collegiate town where we only had two shows, but being as big as my extended family is, I still managed to find relatives there. One of my grandpa's sisters and her children live there, so a few of them came to see the show- so nice! I'm starting a list of all the places on tour I've known people/had visitors- it's amazing how many familiar faces I've come across this year.

Eugene was kinda dreary and rainy. I spent part of one of our two days there holed up in a coffee shop reading The Bible and having a little 'me' time.

Another hat! I was on a role after that first one, so I found another pattern with some lace work for my friend Mandy. It was really lovely but a tad small, so I learned a valuable lesson in blocking- where you wet the yarn and stretch it into your desired shape. It's on a wig head here and I used an instagram filter to show off the pattern and yarn detail.

Made it to Cerritos for the second half of the week and it was gorgeous!! Sunny, not a cloud in the sky, and warm! It definitely got chilly at night, but being able to lay by the pool was a God send. Our first night there was free so I went to a yummy Italian dinner with Michael and Emily, two good friends in our little Bible study. The next day I spent doing my taxes in the sun before the show, which left me with a violent blood sugar drop, feeling pretty sick. After a soda and a few snacks I managed to get through the show, but it was a little scary there. I'd forgotten how much the sun affects me and it's been so long since we've seen it!

These flowers out by our hotel pool looked like they were straight out of Dr. Seuss! They were covered in bees too...must be sweet!

The Chicago group (top: Jessica, Amanda, Lauren, bottom: Me, Kolby, Matt) celebrated our 200th show in Cerritos! I can't believe we've gotten this far, and we're still counting!

Had Monday off before we headed to San Jose, so I split it between Santa Monica with my NYU friend Jenelle, and downtown LA/Hollywood with my high school friend Luke. It's funny, I know so many people in the LA area, but they all have normal lives and Monday isn't anyone's day off but mine. I'm glad I got to see a few familiar faces who could show me the California scene.

Santa Monica pier, so much color!


After our split week we headed back North to San Jose, CA in the Bay Area. More sunshine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment