Monday, November 8, 2010

Wenatchee, WA

The drive through Nevada and Idaho was rather stark. Lots of government owned land and no cell service. We had a little hiccup on our first day. Kelly left her wallet in our hotel in Vegas, BUT they found it and she and Andy turned around to retrieve it. The rest of us got to the hotel in Mountain Home, Idaho about an hour early to find out all the rooms are one-bedders. So we all got our own rooms for a night...a nice little surprise!

Day two of the journey we went through Idaho into Oregon and up to Wenatchee. Oregon and Washington are both beautiful, tons of trees and mountains. Somehow I always end up driving when the roads are winding and on a 5% downgrade. Its strange but keeps me on my toes. No cruise control for me!


This guy was looming over me at a diner in Oregon. I'm not sure that I captured the sheer size from below, but he was definitely a 12 pointer. 

Wenatchee is simply adorable. Small town on the river, local shops, crisp fall weather. I was in love. The technical director of the Performing Arts Center, Don Fox, used to live in San Antonio and is friends with many people at Magik! Dave- our director- came into town to visit him and see the shows on their feet. This afforded us a little connection in town, so we had lots of fun. Some friends of Don cooked us a delicious home-cooked, all home-made meal- Turkish sausage, chicken and veggie casserole, homemade bread, salad, and pumpkin/apple pie...to top it off, we were served at a table with a table cloth, real plates and silverware, and a vase of real roses. Obviously we are easily pleased...and overstuffed with fast food.


There are still some fall colors going on!! There is a lot of red still visible in Wenatchee....especially the cherry trees!


Our biggest advertisement in the window of the PAC. Pretty sweet.


You know that old addage that goes something like 'you fill the space you are given' (I know I know that 's VERY paraphrased)...well, Kelly and I are the queens of it. This was Kelly's station in our dressing room. :)

After Pocahontas and Alice we went with Don, his new executive director Jessica, and some of their friends who saw the show to see a band play at the local Eagles club. From there we went to a karaoke bar, where things got really fun. We doubled the bar population with our group's arrival, and almost everyone sang. It was SUPER fun!!


Yes, these still exist. Jessica and co kept trying to warn us that the Karaoke bar was "divey", but we loved its kitsch. When I got the to bathroom, I fully realized it's level of vintage.


The boys singing "Bridge Over Troubled Water".


I rapped to "Baby Got Back"...which you probably wouldn't guess from this picture...


But maybe from this one. I did a little dance to make up for my terrible rap skillz.


This was our favorite local, Big John. He sang a few songs, but the best was his rendition of "Hero" sung an octave down.



The cast sang "Don't Stop Me Now"...we look crazy in every picture.


Dave came out with us! And Kelly was rocking a cute little Hairspray-esque bump.


Anthony and I concluded the night for everyone with a little "Summer Nights". It was epic.

Next up: Billings, Montana...with a little surprise stop off in Yellowstone National Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment