Wednesday, November 3, 2010

CA and AZ

Modesto, CA
This was a crazy day. We had THREE shows of Alice: 10am, 4pm, and 7pm. We were thankful they were spread apart but it was difficult to keep up that show energy and preserve ourselves in between. The theatre was really lovely, around 1,200 capacity and nearly full every show. We only did 'meet and greet' for the evening show...it was the most insane barrage of people I've ever been faced with. I felt like a Beatle, programs being shoved in my face, children approaching me from behind, forcing me to stand against the wall to avoid further bum poking. We eventually posed as an entire cast to allow for some cameras...my very first paparazzi.

PHOTO coming!
What happens when you do three Alices in a day. Not good.

San Bernardino, CA
San Bernardino wasn't on the original schedule and I was excited to see its addition in our revision. I have a few friends in the LA and was hoping I might manage to run into someone....and I did but NOT who I was expecting! Phil Gosselin just happened to be in LA visiting friends for Halloween and was so dedicated to seeing the show/hanging out, he took a BUS from West Hollywood to San Bernardino. So nice to see him!!


Phil!!



We found a bakery across the street from our hotel and had a little pie party...

Queen Creek, AZ
Definitely winning the nicest hotel award! Best Western, big modern room with a gym and pool. I suppose it should help to make up for being there on Halloween, instead of at a party scarfing candy and fraternizing with other costume clad young people...we watched Nightmare Before Christmas and went to bed early for another three show day. This time it was three Pocahontas', so much more doable. Then we drove back to Cali, along the Mexico border. We weren't even there long enough for me to photograph anything...


Brawley, CA
This was another crazy day. We set up both sets, Pocahontas on stage and Alice backstage. Just after Pocahontas they closed the grand drape and we switched, changed clothes, had a little Q&A with the students, and did Alice. Then we ate lunch, packed up the truck, and hit the road for Vegas. Too many more days of wearing my show makeup in the car will not a happy face make.


The city we stayed in while performing in Brawley…Calipatria. It has a funny ring, say it a few times to your self.


The lovely sand dunes in super Southern California. 

Next up VEGAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment