Sunday, October 10, 2010

Toledo, OH

Up slope has been accomplished! I'm feeling much better these last two days and have managed to take plenty of pictures for today's post.

I was all psyched about Toledo because in Drowsy Chaperone-my last show- there's all this business about a "Toledo Surprise" and I can't even tell you how many times I said it in the run of the show. So now I'm here, and honestly there is not much to see. Lovely fall colors, simple landscape. Maybe we aren't in the center of town? No offense Ohio, you are very quaint...but there doesn't seem to be much to do. Anyhow, our Sunday matinee went very well (I love a one show day!) and we went to a pumpkin patch afterwards. Photo time...first: fall foliage.

This is a drive-by photo...the colors are just starting to peak out in some places.



But up close it's so lovely.


I fell in love with this tree. The colors are so vibrant.


Close up. Look at that! Yellow, orange, red, all in one leaf. I love fall!



Okay now the pumpkin patch. The boys didn't really understand the concept of a photo shoot in a pumpkin patch, but Kelly and I had a field day! 


We were doing our best to be cute.


But the boys had other ideas.... 




And inside there were painted pumpkins. First we found Alice...


THEN Pocahontas...I was a little overwhelmed, surrounded by myself.



All in all it was a lovely day. We've got a pretty breezy week ahead, so hopefully I'll have more adventures to report. Next stop: St. Louis, MO for two days off! If you haven't seen enough orange in this post's photos, I suggest you go pick up a pumpkin for you and yours. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment