Friday, October 15, 2010

St. Louis, MO

Two days off! I'm feeling a lot better after two days of no driving or shows, much later call times, and a little tourism.

Our first day we went to Sweetie Pie's, a soul food restaurant featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. Then we went to the Gateway Arch, the old courthouse, wandered downtown, and a lovely little place called Cafe Cioccolato. By then we were exhausted from several hours of walking, and came back to a double feature movie night...Moonstruck and Kick Ass. Odd pairing, but I'd never seen either and it was a fun night. Day two was very lazy...laundry, BBQ lunch, a nap, the gym. Lots of much needed down time.

Photo time! The incredible Sweetie Pie's soul food. I need this green bean recipe...


Ascending the stairs to the Gateway arch. Photo courtesy of Andy Elliott.


The arch. Too big to capture in one frame. Also, I love Hipstamatic. Makes me an instant photographer.


The little pod elevator you take to get to the top. I was having second thoughts.


Welcome to the top! At 630" feet with not a terribly high ceiling, I had a hard time standing up straight. But so cool! Apollo has been skydiving a few times and even he was apprehensive. What a rush.


The old courthouse's dome interior. I love the colors, not typical of a capital or courthouse I've ever seen. They were under renovation but some areas still have the original tile flooring. 


The group. This is a pretty good representation of "us". Again, photo by Andy Elliott.


And the grande finale: Schlafly Pumpkin Ale!! This beer takes like pumpkin pie, its spicy and rich and the best I've had with one exception: Josh Goss's homemade pumpkin ale, our Thanksgiving beer last year. This is a St. Louis local brewery, but if you can get your hands on it elsewhere I would.


Now we've got a few odd days... staying in Kansas City, commuting to perform in Junction City. Then a day in Rolla, Missouri, a day in Hartford, Wisconsin and back to Florrisant, Missouri for a week. I might do a little happy meal combo thing, to avoid over-posting. Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment