Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ruidoso, NM

I skipped one post on our stop in Fort Stockton. But truly, there was only three things to report: IHOP, La Quinta, and I drove the Penske. So there you go.

New Mexico is super lovely. I've never been in mountain country (I am from a beach family myself) but I really love it up here. The altitude has been something of a struggle...Alice is not an easy show at sea level and at around 7,000 feet singing and dancing is taxing. Apparently dance companies bring oxygen tanks for the dancers to take in offstage. Despite that, it is enchanting.  

Here's a picturesque view just outside the theatre. Postcard material.



This is the theatre...pretty much the only building in site. Very cool structure. On the left is a staircase waterfall and the darker structure on the right is a stained glass type atrium connected to the lobby. Obviously the weather was really beautiful. Blue skies and sunshine with a touch of wind.

                                     


And Chihuly glass in the lobby! I'm a huge fan of his work and was super excited to see this!



Here's the whole gang outside the theatre. We were happy to survive the day and have the afternoon off! Left to right: Damian, Apollo, Anthony, Andy, Kelly, and me.




Apollo and I doing a lift from Alice outside. Usually I'm about 8 inches lower...we got excited.




We've got a few LONG driving days ahead of us....Ruidoso to Tulsa, OK. Tulsa to Indianapolis, IN. Then Indianapolis to Allentown, PA. Pretty much three straight days in the vans. Predictions: I'll finish my book- Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest- and have found some new music. Thanks for tuning in! I'll update if anything exciting happens before our next show in Brentwood, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment