Wednesday, September 22, 2010

On the Road

We took off on our pre-launch launch, and have arrived in Houston. I'll have more on our experience here once we see the theatre, etc, but on the way we already had a small adventure.

Here's my new ride: The Magik van. Sometimes people stare on the highway and we forget what the exterior looks like. There's also a Penskie truck...we'll save that picture for when I drive it.


There is something called Beaver Nuggets in Luling, and we were told to go to Buc-ee's and try them. We were thinking the worst: Beaver Jerky deep fried in some backwoods Texas fashion. But it turns out they are a tasty delicious dessert, like caramel covered corn puffs. I bought some...super delish.


This is a picture from my Hipstamatic application. There are cool lenses and different types of "film" which alter the picture to make it look vintage. I've got an entire album on Facebook, but I thought I'd include this one of the sky. There was a beautiful sunset and Harvest moon tonight, and Texas highways remind me of Dad. Seeing the ranches of cows and horses, long stretches of green grass and white fences make me think about all the road trips we took as kids, and the endless history lessons we got.


That's it for tonight. Once we are done here we go back to San Antonio for the weekend. I'll update on our Houston fun from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment