Sunday, September 26, 2010

Houston

The Wortham Center in Houston was BEAUTIFUL! 2,000+ seat house, full of screaming adoring children for three performances. The sound system and stage were lovely and our local crew was very kind and helpful. I could've stayed there for months.

We had a sweet little guest star, Sadie Rose. The Wortham Center auctioned off a walk on role in Pocahontas, where our guest Native American came on to let me know my "father was looking for me and didn't look happy". She was a sweet girl and I can't believe this didn't catch on with other theatres!!
Here's Kelly, Sadie, and me before our shows on Thursday.



We had the entire afternoon/evening off (which I spent in bed due to a virus I'm currently fighting) and then went to an excellent dinner at Caffe Bello. Apparently Houston has a great food scene, and this is a new Italian place. I had the veal grinder (sorry veggies out there) and it was superb.


On the virus front: started with a sore throat for a few days, which morphed into a cough and feeling very faint. Fever spells come in and out. I've been sleeping 12ish hours every night in addition to taking several different meds, which seem to be helping. Losing my voice is always a big fear...it is hard relying on my body to be able to do my job.

On to Fort Stockton today, then New Mexico for some shows in the Mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment