Sunday, October 21, 2012

Week 40: Charlotte, NC

(Please note the rather delayed nature of this post. We were Charlotte the last week of June 2012...)

Last week in the USA doing the show!! The countdown isn't quite real, but in reality we have just three weeks of performing left- that's only 24 shows!

Me and my onstage husband, Kyle, out for a drink on our first day in town. 

We spent a LOT of time at the hotel pool, partly out of necessity because it was so hot, and also because our hotel was in a complex with everything one could possibly need- CVS, restaurants, bars, Jamba Juice. We would venture out for supplies, and return to chlorinated bliss.

So, I learned how to do a fishtail braid and did it for Brittany one night. Pretty proud!! It's not that easy on my own hair...

The obligatory ladies shot at our presenter hosted post-show party. These often happen, but this was a particularly good one. The food was delicious and the hosts were all so kind. 

Christie, Andrew, Carly, and me at the post show feast. There were LOTS of vegan options, so these three were happy little health nuts.

Me, Carly, Jess, and Caitlin at the piano bar "Howl at the Moon" for Jessica's birthday.

Look at that forecast for the weekend!! It was SO hot- see pool pictures.

I wonder if the audience could smell the sunscreen...we were all coated in layers and layers. Thank goodness I didn't get a burn.

My little peanut Brittany. We're the littlest and biggest girls in the chorus, so whenever we're out and taking pictures I squat down with her. She'd always say, "Stand up straight Caroline!" 

Emily and I happened to be twins one day backstage. My sweet little Belle, I guess I can see from here how people would mistake me for her pretty often. (Also, check out the volume on my wig! I think she stuck her finger in a socket...)


Our lovely bassist Catherine also happens to like taking pictures. We had several "amateur" (amazing) photographers in our group with those big, spiffy cameras. As we had to leave her behind- insert long complicated story about musicians union here- Cat took a few photos of us getting ready for the show together our last weekend with her. We don't usually cram into one mirror, but it was fun for 30 seconds!

My solo shot with Cat. I do love a red lip :)



One final city, and a nice long sit down of three weeks. So looking forward to our time in: Toronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment