Saturday, January 21, 2012

Week 14: Calgary, AB, Canada

My first visit to Canada! Despite the locals saying there isn’t much to do in the city, we had a wonderful time!! Not as chilly as we imagined it would be until the New Year, when it was 9 degrees on January 1st. Quite a drop from 30s and 40s! A few people made it up to Banff, a famous skiing area and gorgeous tourist attraction, but I was a little busy exploring the city. Sure looks good though, and might be a good reason to go back to Alberta.

Snow boot purchase! Sorels are the best and even though my big feet make them clunky, I've been wearing them nonstop up here in the Great White North.

There is an amazing place here called Cora's that everyone said to make a stop at for a big, yummy breakfast. They have a little sunshine on their napkins.

Turns out they do have Starbucks here, the cups are just in French. :)


New Years Eve we had two shows, and another two the following day, but the company threw together a little shindig in our beautiful hotel bar. Jen and I got all dolled up, and Dane photo-bombed our pretty shot!

The ladies at the party. I think there was an unspoken Black, White, Red, and Patterned theme.

The two Caroline Janes....

And the two March 13th, 1988 birthdays! Sometimes I still can't believe I have a name twin AND a birthday twin on this tour.  

We hung out into the wee hours, celebrating the New Year, despite having two shows the next day. Amanda, me, Terry (our drummer), and Cat (one of our lovely costume mistresses) toasted to 2012.

Cat (the bassist) and I posing in the hallway. Here's a glimpse of my full outfit. I just had this idea in my head of a long black skirt, sort of columnar look. Idea achieved! I always feel so tall in our cast, and then I run in to Cat...who is 6 feet!

Sleepy Carly at our matinee on January 1st. Those might have been the hardest shows to date after all our carousing the night before...

I've never had Pho, a Vietnamese soup, and we found a place near the theatre with a ton of options. I had a spicy beef Pho with a mango bubble tea...could probably eat that every day.


After celebrating the New Year, we headed even further North to Edmonton for another week at an identical theatre (Jubilee North vs. Jubilee South), oddly enough. Two solid weeks in Canada, definitely weird to be disconnected for a spell!

No comments:

Post a Comment