Saturday, January 7, 2012

Week 12: Austin, TX!!!

So wonderful to be (practically) home! The week could've been triply long and it wouldn't have been enough time.

I spent the week with my friend Adam, out of the hotel. Saved a few pennies, got to bake cookies for my Secret Santa (which she ADORED! I love gift giving), and have a little break time from the grind. It’s funny what a difference a house makes.

On Tuesday I had the priviledge of going home to San Antonio and having dinner with my WHOLE family! Trust me, it's a feat to get us all together. I called it my "mini" Christmas, as it would be my first time away from home. Here's the sibling pic. L to R: Carrie, me, Daniel, Carla, and Catherine.

My beautiful Mom and me at home. She is my everything. 

All my babies! I don't think I could brag enough about all of them. L to R: Owen (2), Berkley (7 months) in my lap, Blake (9), Rylee (8), and Ella (3). 

Our lovely tree. Daniel helped my mom get it all set up.

Austin is Food Truck central these days. East Side King is super popular, a fusion Asian truck with a few locations. Adam and I had fried beets, brussels sprouts salad, and pork belly tacos? I could probably eat there on a weekly basis if I lived in Austin.

One of my oldest friends Marie Louise happened to be celebrating her birthday on the 15th, so I got her a present. She's a big fan of Dia de los Muertos skeletons. I found these cameo earrings on Etsy, and almost kept them for myself. So cool!!

Berkeley's seven month picture. She is getting so big, sitting up on her own! She's got these beautiful deep blue eyes and light hair. What a sweetie pie.

It was really hard to leave home, as usual. Even being in Austin, which isn't technically "home" really put me at ease, made me feel close enough to have access to my family, the slower pace of life, open space, old friends... But the show must go on. Christmas week we celebrated in St. Louis, Missouri!

No comments:

Post a Comment