Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week 3: Indianapolis

Perhaps one week in Indianapolis was not enough! Such a cute little town planted in the midwest. Plenty to do, couldn't get to most of it because we LIVE at the theatre. Really enjoyed the fall weather and changing leaves while we could- headed South soon. We did take in the city, drive around (lovely having the theatre a bit far away as if affords us rental cars at our disposal), went to an orchard, and other adventures. Packed houses once again, so the show wasn't bad either :)

Bought this sort of silly iPhone cover as my old one is looking pretty banged up these days. The pink zebra jewels definitely increase it's visibility in my purse.

We went to Howl at the Moon to visit a friend of Jessica's, who is one of their pianists, and had a blast! 

Our Mrs. Potts (Julia) celebrated her birthday this week, and we went out to a fun wine bar called Tastings, where you can sample lots of different wines instead of taking full glasses. Their food was also delicious.

Orchard day!! We went out to to an orchard and picked apples, went through a corn maze, drank cider, and took plenty of pictures.

Jen-my roommate and one of our resident photographers- captures Michael with a cattail.

We found a box, and naturally we got inside of it. I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open, so Brittany lent me her glasses to get at least one shot.

There is an iPhone application called Instagram, where you can take a picture and then focus and filter it. Most everyone with an iPhone in the cast has it, and we are on an Instagramming kick on the whole. This was taken by Nick, who is especially keen on the app.

There was a little animal pen with two alpacas and a little goat. He was very friendly.

More instagram pictures. This one is mine of the fallen apples, which sadly you cannot take.

  There was a corn maze at the orchard, and our entire group did it in a few teams. Learning all about Johnny Appleseed. But mostly we played around...

And took silly pictures.
The whole orchard group completed the corn maze. That's 2/3s of the cast I believe.

Enjoying snacks and cider after the maze.

Another app a few of the iPhoners have is Photo365. You are supposed to take/upload one picture a day to represent where you were, what you did, etc. There is a space for a caption as well. It's a cool idea for people who travel as much as we do, logging each stop, all our adventures. I've got a week down so far, and this entry is of my first pair of Tom's shoes. They took forever to get to me, but I'm so glad to have them.

And finally, I finished my third project, Brittany's circle scarf! It was also my first lace pattern, using new stitches to create the little holes in the falling V sort of pattern. I love teaching myself new things, and it was fun this turned out so beautifully.


Next few weeks are a bit split. Next week is Jackson, Mississippi for three days, Tyler, Texas for two, and Lufkin, Texas for the last two. Ten cities in total over the next 21 days!! I'll keep the episodes weekly to avoid blogging every other day... See you down South!

1 comment:

  1. I have seen Howl At The Moon advertised on this resturant review show that I watch. Did you like the food there?

    ReplyDelete