Friday, October 14, 2011

Week 1 & 2: Cincinnati

Back on the road again! We spent weeks one and two in Cincinnati reopening the show and rehearsing a bit to catch up with the time spent away on break. The theatre- the Aronoff Center- was enormous and gorgeous, full of wonderful, loud audiences every night. The weather dipped up and down (thank you, fall) but I'm glad it wasn't quite so sweaty as Chicago.

The packed Aronoff on my swing out. It was cool to be in that audience.

Opening night party at Nicholson's Pub, a cute place that took great care of us on several occasions. From left: Me, Jess, Michael, Amanda, Taylor, Kolby, Dane, Brittany, and Carter. We do love getting dressed up.

Jeff caught me at the opening night party dancing up a storm. I was bashful.

My first press event! We did a shortened version of Gaston at Nicholson's and the local weather man learned part of the men's clink. The clip is on our press page, I think you see me for a split second. 

A little backstage humor...I was having a rough wig day, and it went so far as tearing my pin curls out of my wig cap when I removed it! I had to shove the rogue strand back up into my finale wig to finish the show. What a day.


We had an around the world party at the hotel which was a huge success!! Those unfamiliar with the concept- people split into teams and create a different countries in their rooms with food, drink, activities, and decoration, and the groups travels from room to room through the night. Our "countries" were Legoland, Italy, Canada, Somalia (aka Pirates), Mexico, Brooklyn, Greece, Rock Candy Mountain (aka Hoboland), Hogwarts, and the South...my room. :)

Our two Chips- look at that Clairol red hair!- in Legoland. Noah on the left and Jordan (the newest member of the cast) on the right.

My roommate Jen and me representing the South. 

The cardboard deer head made by the incredible Jen Bechter to help 'Southernify' our hotel room.

The Southern girls loving on him.

We didn't plan it, but EVERYONE wore plaid. From left: Lauren, Brittany, Jess, Jen, me, Sarah Clair, and Amanda.

Nighttime shenanigans...we get a little wacky after a long day AND a show. There was an extra roll of tape from the Around the World party, and we decided taping Dane to a chair would be excellent use of it. His bursting out of it was worth every strip.

Jess is an understudy and got to go on for Babette in Cincy!! Here she is looking like a lovely little feather duster with our Lumiere, Michael.

Our Beast (Dane) celebrated a birthday our second weekend in the city and we went out between shows for dinner at an amazing Mexican food restaurant, Nada. I only wish we'd gone sooner, so I could make another trip! From left: Sarah Claire, Dane, me, and Jess (in her two show head scarf).

I think I mentioned it last episode, but I'm a knitting machine these days. It helps me pass my off-stage time, and I've got a line up of projects for people in the cast. These fingerless gloves are my second project EVER, made for our chilly fingered bassist Cat.


Next stop: a week in Indianapolis! 

No comments:

Post a Comment