Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Shocking Amount

My brother has a song with this title, but it's also in reference to the amazing amount of time I spend listening to Sara Bareilles. Her new album, Kaleidoscope Heart, has been on repeat on my iPod since I purchased it three weeks ago. I've listened to little else, unless it was for research purposes. I really connect to her sound and her lyrics, so it's a gold mine of never ending inspiration and heart string tugging.

In the real news of that which is my life, things are happening! I've been on11 auditions thus far, some of which have managed to go well! I am less and less nervous each time I go into the rooms so pretty soon I'll even be myself. I have to say, appointments are definitely my favorite situation though...everyone is much calmer and timing is usually really efficient.

I also got a day job!! HOORAY!! I'm hostessing and serving at a brand new little restaurant called Carmine Club Cafe. It is a New American place with roots in the Mediterranean...delicious food and a unique wine/beer list. Everything I've had has been delicious, top notch quality dishes, and everyone who works there is so passionate. Because I've never served before its a HUGE learning curb, but I'm having a great time. A friend of mine back home said, "Waitressing? Now you're a real New York actress!"

That's the general update. Auditions, waiting tables, freezing my buns off in the New York winter. I think this is the most snow I've had up here in my 5 years...I love snow but the after effects- gray slush, icy sidewalks, hiking over banks and around puddles- not so fun.

One last thing: new haircut! I asked for the Zooey Dechanel/Katy Perry/Amanda Peet...and I'm loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment