Saturday, December 31, 2011

Week 10: Portsmouth, OH, Springfield, IL, South Bend, IN, and Richmond, KY

This was our last split week for a while, and thank goodness because it was a doozy! Even a few actors who've been on the tour since the get-go said this was the worst week to date. But we made it out alive.


Portsmouth, OH- can't say I remember much about Portsmouth. Probably a flaw of my being so behind, but also this week flew by and most of it was travel.


Springfield, IL- Where Abraham went from Senator to President Elect. Cute little town, wish we'd had more time to explore the museum and Abe's tomb. Perils of working while traveling. 


Lincoln's family home. This house started as a one story and Abe built on into a gorgeous two story, four bedroom household. There were even a few original pieces- a bonnet of Mary's, few lamps and furniture. Very cool.


Playing around with some street art...the boy is actually tipping his hat to a life size Lincoln and his family.


South Bend, IN: home of Notre Dame University! What a cute little city to spend a few days. The Chicago Seven (the group of actors I came in to the show with) celebrated our 100th show here!! Crazy to think we've been here that long- I still feel new often enough! There was also an adorable Chocolate Cafe, which had hot chocolate that definitely rivaled City Bakery- super famous in NYC. I won't lie, I went there twice in three days.


I wrote on my mirror in lipstick on our big day!


Notre Dame's admissions main building. What a gorgeous campus!


Notre Dame's grotto. A few students stopped to say a prayer on their run- what a unique feature at a school!


Richmond, KY- Again, here for a day...can't remember much. I did start Christmas shopping in my mind here.


The rainbow floor in Richmond. Felt like we were in a disco.


On the longest bus day (THIRTEEN hours!) Lauren and I found survival in Naked Juice Green Machine, Kindles, and Snuggies. We made it through the day in one piece, and much colder, in...

 Madison, Wisconsin!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Caroline! Looking forward to seeing the show in June and catching up with you. :) You will get to meet my boyfriend. You will really like him a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete